A Poem

 Silenced

Black and white
Blood that stains
Eyes that linger 
Bones that break
. . .
Welcome to the palace
Welcome to the games 
Welcome to the fatal rounds
No one hears us say
. . .
"Leave before the games begin!"
"Darkness festers beneath the skin."
"Watch your back and don't dare to breathe..."
"Shadows follow where you lead."
. . .
They call us royal
Queens and kings
We call ourselves the silenced
The ones no one can see. 

 . . . . .
 If you'd like to see more posts like this then please subscribe, and if you'd like to receive my free novelette about a Jewish boy in Russia before WW1 feel free join my email list. Just click here to do that. Comment down below if you liked this post and thank you for your support!

Comments

  1. This is such a cool poem, Abigail!! Will you write a story based off of it?
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have an idea for a story based off of this poem. I hope to publish it and share it with you all, but we will see.

      Delete
  2. I’m loving that second stanza 👍❤️‍🔥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! The last two lines, especially.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts