Google Translate Take Over: Part 2

         Normal: Tell Me Why the Stars Dance

Google: Air Conditioner Not for Hundreds Soften Stars: N

. . . . .

          Normal:

        “Let me return to the heavens,” I whispered, brushing my fingers across the silver streams in my skin. “Please, let me go home.” 

My voice was little more than a frail whine in the darkness. Always darkness. 

“Please!” 

My knees buckled under me, and I tumbled to the carpet. Sightless, powerless, worthless.


Google:

"Say it again," she whispered, running her silver fingers through his hair. “Please let me go home.”

My voice doesn't scream in the dark. It was still dark. 

“Please.”

I put my knees under him and rolled onto the bed. It is invisible, weak and useless.


Normal:

I pushed my knees up to my chest, fighting back my sobs. The stars had done this to me, they had cursed me. They had robbed me of my sight then ripped away my power. Theta Aquilae, the first star in centuries to be banished to Earth. I ground my teeth.

“I never wanted to hurt him,” I whispered, digging my fingernails into the hem of my sleeve. 


Google:

I hugged my knees to my chest and held back my tears. The stars lifted me up and cursed me. It steals my eyes and drains my energy. Theta Aquila was the first star to fly past Earth in many years. My mother is also very strong.

“I really don't want to hurt you,” I sighed and dug my nails into my palms.


Normal:

They wouldn't listen to me. They never did. They would never believe me. I dug my hands into my hair, letting memories of my dance through the stars weave in and out of my mind. My dance with him before… before everything fell apart. 


Google:

He doesn't believe me. I pull my hair and imagine life under the stars. I danced with him before anything bad happened.


Normal:

My chest heaved and I forced a shaking breath into my lungs. 

“I’m sorry Altair.”

There was nothing I could do to stop the sobs now. They crawled from my lips, pouring into my dark world. 

“Excuse me, can I help you?” 

A quiet voice, female by the sounds of it. I wiped my nose on my sleeve and shook my head. I didn’t want help. I wanted to hide. 


Google:

I felt pain in my chest and took a deep breath. 

“I'm sorry, Altair.”

I can't hold back the tears now, falling from my lips to the dark world. 

"Please, can I help you?" 

Soft, feminine voice. I wiped my nose with my finger and shook my head. I don't need help. I like to hide.


Normal:

“Well, Miss, the store is closing and I’m afraid you need to leave.”

“Store?” I muttered, trying to face toward the voice. “I’m sorry. I don’t understand.”

I heard a muttered sigh, and felt a hand reach down and press against my shoulder. It was soft on my bare shoulder. Warm, and a little sweaty. 

“Come along miss, I’ll lead you to the exit.” 


Google:

"Well, I love you. I'm afraid you're leaving when the store closes."

“Are you trapped?” I opened my mouth trying to hear his voice. “I'm sorry, I don't understand.”

Hearing a moan, he reached out and grabbed my shoulder. Easy in normal hands. Hot and slightly spicy. 

“Come, daughter, see you.”

. . . . .

 If you'd like to see more posts like this then please subscribe (Google Translate might take over again in the future after all), and if you'd like to receive my free novelette about a Jewish boy in Russia before WW1 feel free join my email list. Just click here to do that. Comment down below if you liked this post and thank you for your support!

Comments

Popular Posts