Interview with Andrea Renee Cox


1. What inspired you to start writing?

Andrea Renee Cox: My whole life has been wrapped in story. Playing Barbies and Hot Wheels and House and Cowboys & Indians. Reading a million books. Watching a zillion movies. So in a way, I’ve been prepared my whole life for this.

What originally sparked my interest in writing, though, was seeing my dad come home from work and head into his office to write a story. For years, I saw how impassioned he was about this story God pressed upon his heart. God used that observation to prepare me for His pressing a story into my own heart at age sixteen. 


I was hooked and have been lost in writing ever since that first screenplay.


2. How long have you been a writer?
Andrea: I saw inklings of writing in second grade (umbrella pages!), and I’ve journaled off and on throughout most of my life, but I began writing stories at age sixteen. I’m mid-thirties now, so I’ve been a writer for more than half my life.


3. What are some of your published works?
Andrea: I have two published stories still available for purchase (a third is out of print).


Anything (KDWC) features my short story Any Thing about a woman with rambunctious kids, a messy living room, and a disapproving mother-in-law.


Springtime in Surrey (Wild Blue Wonder Press) features my novella The Cottage on the Hill about a former ballerina who cries into her tea every afternoon and the sheep farmer neighbor who wonders why… and what he can do to cheer her up.


More information and purchase links may be found on the Books page of my website.


4. How can people support your writing?
Andrea: There are several ways people may support my writing. Purchasing my books (for themselves or friends) directly supports my writing career. Following my blog or subscribing to my newsletter helps build my platform. The same could be said of following me on social media. I also encourage people to share my blog articles or tweets with their family and friends. Another great way of supporting me is asking the local library to carry my books.


Here are all my social media links (including blog and newsletter):


Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/andreareneecox
Blog: https://andreareneecox.com/blog/
BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/andrea-renee-cox
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/andreacox
Newsletter: https://andreareneecox.com/newsletter/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/andreareneecoxauthor/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/screenwriter87
Website: https://andreareneecox.com


5. What's your primary genre?

My primary genre is Christian fiction. Under that umbrella, I write women’s fiction, romance, and romantic tragedy. Within those, there are a plethora of subgenres and themes that I write. I’m often surprised by the diversity of genres and themes God inspires me to focus on in any given story. 


I especially love focusing on emotion-rich stories. I’m an emotional consumer of art, and that has translated into my being an emotional creator of stories. I like to think all my stories have the potential to move readers’ emotions as well, no matter which genre or subgenre the chosen story belongs to.



Abigail, thank you so much for this interview! It’s been a blast, and I hope we may do it again soon.

. . . . .

If you'd like to see more posts like this then please subscribe, and if you'd like to receive my free
 novelette about a Jewish boy in Russia before WW1 join my email list. Just click here to do that.
 Comment down below if you liked this post! Thank you for your support!


Comments

  1. Great interview! I'll check out Andrea's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoy Anything or Springtime in Surrey (my two currently available books).

      Delete
  2. Thanks for interviewing me, Abigail! I had such fun answering your questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm so glad we've gotten to work together.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts