Google Translate Take Over...


  Normal: Tell Me Why the Stars Dance

Google: Tell Me Why You Want To Dance With the Stars

. . . . .

Normal: There wasn’t long left for me. Darkness and shadows, little bursts of light speckled across the sky, the same view I saw everyday from my perch in the heavens.

Google: Flying and blue light in the dark sky. I see myself in heaven every day.

Normal: Radiating light, I wove through the darkness, the silvery gleam of my dress leaving trails behind me. My heart was hammering in my chest; the pulse fading. I wished it didn’t have to happen. My head shot up, feeling his presence before I saw him.

Google: I saw the glint of silver on my dress in the dark. My heart was pounding in my heart. The pressure decreases. I don't think that will happen. I looked before I saw her, I saw her go.

Normal: I spun around, falling into his embrace. Centuries apart, always millions of light years away, yet he was here. I didn’t know how, but in that moment I didn’t care. His hands slipped into mine, and together we danced through the dark.

Google: I turned to look at his hand. They are millions of light years away, but they are here. I don't know how they do it, but I don't think about it. His hand touched me and our lips danced in the darkness.

Normal: The shadows faded away, even as I felt myself disappear. I wished with everything in me that I could stay, that somehow I wouldn’t have to reform. But I’d had my time and he was younger than me, centuries younger.

Google: He knew the painting was gone because it was gone.

Normal: He spun me around, holding me so gently I thought just for a moment that this was all there was. This moment. Him.

Google: He turned to me and hugged me gently. Also Dr.

Normal: Across the cosmos, across worlds, across lives. Yet all we knew was us. This moment, until at last I felt my body collapse, falling apart, leaving him.

Google: Heaven, universe, life. But we only know this. This time I let go before I felt my body collapse.

Normal: I’d reform eventually, but by then, would it even matter? Would he still be here in the millenia it would take?

Google: I can fix this later, but until then is it ok? Will it still exist in a thousand years?

Normal: Stardust filled the space where I’d been, collapsing in on itself.

Google: Stardust filled my space and fell to the ground on his own.

Normal: No, I thought, turning to glance at Altair– my star, my dream. He was still looking at the place I’d been. Darkness began to form in the dust and what was left of me shuddered. This wasn’t right. I wanted to cry for him to leave. He had to go, before…

Google: I thought not to see Altair: my star, my dream. He continued to look at me. When Blackboard first hit, it was everywhere. This is not good. I want to cry and leave. Must move.

Normal: A scream broke from my lips, as my body began to twist, forming faster than it should have. It was utterly black, and the pain sent tears trailing down my cheeks. This was worse than a simple supernova, worse than reforming.

Google: My lips fell away from me as my body trembled faster than normal. I blacked out with tears of pain rolling down my cheeks. Worse than a simple supernova, worse than an upgrade.

Normal: Altair’s eyes widened, and I managed barely a whisper as the darkness consumed me.

Google: Altair's eyes lit up and I couldn't help but laugh as the darkness enveloped me.

Normal: “Go.”

Google: "Unpleasant."

. . . .

    If you'd like to see more posts like this then please subscribe (Google Translate might take over again in the future after all), and if you'd like to receive my free novelette about a Jewish boy in Russia before WW1 join my email list. Just click here to do that. Comment down below if you liked this post! Thank you for your support!


Comments

  1. Ha! Fun to be silly once in a while. 😊 "He knew the painting was gone, because it was gone." So very profound. 😂😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love how it took a full paragraph and turned it into that.

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is so crazy 😂 I didn't know Google Translate could do something like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the greatest thing, I don't know which version I like better, the beautiful one or the chaotic one. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, Abigail and google translate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! This was so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun idea. I have decided that in the last week of May I am going to publish a blog post (canadalily.com) showing how Google Translate has utterly destroyed one of my poems. I can't wait to release this post. Thank you for inspiring me, A. B. Swinborne! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to have inspired you. Please send me the link to that post once it's out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts