Thursday, January 11, 2024

2023 Poetry Contest: First Place

 The Savior’s Sacrifice 


“Come here, sweet little child.” Said an old man.

“Grandpa has a story to tell, if he can.”

The young one agreed, the old opened his mouth,

And this is the tale that at once came out.

.

“The world was so awful, so evil, so bad,

Punishment was the only thing to be had.

But our Father loves when it doesn't make sense,

And sent His own Son for lack of repentance.

.

“With a final breath, He sacrificed Himself

For the good of His people, the commonwealth.

Yet in three days, the grave tore apart 

And the Son lived, in search of your heart.”

.

“Mine?” Squeaked the child.  “Why would He choose me?”

“Because," said her grandpa, “His love’s holy. 

His sacrifice was for the world, our sisters and our brothers

What we need now to do is share this news with others.”


By: Molly McTernan, Winner of the 2023 Poetry Contest

. . .

  If you'd like to see more posts like this then please subscribe, and if you'd like to receive my free novelette about a Jewish boy in Russia before WW1 join my email list. Just click here to do that. Comment down below if you liked this post! Thank you for your support!


2 comments:

A Poem

  Darkness . . . . .   In silent darkness By my shadows bound My sword sheathed My arrows knocked The mist around me hangs like a dead man I...