Poem

 The Frost Bringer’s Child


Icy winds of a frozen north

Snowflakes dancing ever forth

The pale fingers of a child's hand

Grasping ever for where they land


Oh, dear Frost Bringer’s child

Whose laughter and eyes are ever wild

Let me show you where to happily see

The wonders this world can offer thee


All the way from our frozen forest

To where singers have ever chorused

Past a land of shadows that play

To a land where eternal gaiety lay 


For though the world has abandoned thee

You shall cross the silver sea

Take my hand, dear child, and rest

You’ll see it all at your own request


The voices have scoffed at your joyous shout

They have taken you up and shut your mouth

They’ve told you to be something boring and dry

But, my dear child, do not let it make you cry


I did not give you a child’s heart

So they could simply shred you apart

I did not give you a soul with wings 

So they could make you a helpless thing


Take my hand, Frost Bringer’s child

Give to me the pain that’s compiled

Show to me your child’s heart

And let me piece together what fell apart


By: A.B. Swinborne

. . . . . 

If you'd like to see more posts like this then please subscribe, and if you'd like to recieve my free novelette about a Jewish boy in Russia before WW1 join my email list. Just click here to do that. Comment down below if you liked this post! Thank you for your support!

Comments

  1. I love this poem, Abigail. Lots of visual feeling is shown here. Your Grandma 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice poem Abigail! Well done (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this poem! Well done Abigail (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts